The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a 360 Guided
Learning Hours / 60 credit qualification. It is equivalent in size and
level to an A level and an Access to HE qualification. It has been
designed for learners who wish to progress to a healthcare degree but
may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to study a variety
of level 4 qualifications, including our ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma
in Management for Health and Social Care or to a degree programme at a
higher education provider. The qualification provides learners with an
introduction to the health and social care sector as well as key
academic, research and communication skills to support learners in their
- The Health and Social Care Sector
- A Person-Centred Approach to Health and Social Care
- Academic and Research Skills for Health and Social Care
- Communication Skills for Health and Social Care
Candidates must hold/meet one or more of the following criteria.
- This course is designed for learners aged 19 and above.
- A certificate/ diploma in management studies or business management.
- An equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of two years relevant work experience may be considered.
- IELTS 4.5 or equivalent qualification is preferred but not essential.
- The provider will determine English Language ability if English is not your native language.
Course materials, including presentations, handouts, assignment briefs,
and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to
this, the learners will also receive the course handbook and tutorial
via emails, in order to support the learning.
We can provide printed books for certain units and these can be ordered
by the learners at the start of the course at an additional cost. These
are from BPP Publishing or other publications and are discounted for
enrolled learners. These are available for selected units only.
The learner sets their own pace for their learning and the courses are
offered on an academic year basis. Although our tutors encourage the
learners to make progress monthly, this approach is flexible.
Awarding Body: Awards for Training and Higher Education (ATHE)
Course Duration: 3-4 months
Method of study: Full Time
Qualification Level : 3
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is
correct, however, details may change and we cannot accept responsibility
for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course
visit ATHE official website on